The Sound Solutions Clinician is responsible for providing assessment, direct clinical intervention, and supportive therapeutic consultation for our commercial insurance clients. Clients include: child, adolescent, and adults presenting with a wide variety of emotional, behavioral and co-occurring disorders. Ongoing consultation and collaboration with collateral agencies is expected. The individual in this position will be required to work with multiple community resources, inpatient facilities, mental health residential facilities, and other systems of care (when applicable) in developing holistic, strength based, recovery oriented therapeutic treatment. Delivery of therapeutic services will be provided in an office setting.
Position requires an expert level clinician, displaying a high level of skill, commitment, and leadership qualities within the team. Clinicians in this role are helping to grow the SMH commercial business line. Clinician must be licensed and is responsible to maintain all required credentialing to perform their job duties. The Clinician is expected to work proactively, ensuring that productivity and financial expectations (generating revenue) are met.
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS AND DUTIES
- Provide intake evaluations.
- Provide individual and family psychotherapy treatment to children and adolescents and adults.
- Identify and assess client problems from various clinical orientations and modalities.
- Develop and implement effective interventions, treatment plans, individualized to address client's current and long term needs.
- Communicate, collaborate, and establish a working relationship with client's family when applicable.
- Collaborate with client's identified supports.
- Develop culturally sensitive treatment plans.
- Collaborate with school staff, community agency staff, and office staff as support to client, when applicable.
- Follow crisis management procedures in support of client, including appropriate interventions and hospitalizations.
- Understand recovery concepts in behavioral health and apply, synthesize and demonstrate recovery concepts, as appropriate to your work.
- Prepare necessary written reports, summaries, and progress notes as dictated by agency policy, in a timely manner.
- Maintain inter-agency collaboration.
- Develop and maintain positive, professional working relationships with potential referral sources.
- Participate in staff meetings and assigned committees, as requested.
- Participate in individual supervision and group supervision as scheduled.
- Develop and maintain professional time management, organization skills, reliability, flexibility, and accountability.
- Maintain ethical and competent client and peer relationships in the delivery of service.
- Relate to others in a professional manner, respectful of individual and cultural differences.
- Comply with all applicable federal, state and county laws and regulations, SMH policies and procedures, and all safety regulations.
- Maintain Sound Solutions productivity expectations and standards.
- Other duties as assigned.
KEY WORK RELATIONSHIPS
Establishes and maintains positive, ethical, and professional working relationships with all team members, clients, vendors, and other professionals.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE
- Master's degree in a therapeutic counseling field with a strong emphasis in working with adolescents, children, families and is preferred.
- Minimum of two years clinical experience as a psychotherapist or case manager with children/adolescents/adults and demonstrated skills in clinical assessment and treatment of multi-problem families is required.
- Duel credential with CDP preferred.
- Mental Health Professional status and Licensure required.
KNOWLEDGE, ABILITIES, AND SKILLS
- Understanding of individual therapy, group therapy and/or case management approach to provide services.
- Good working knowledge of resources.
- Familiarity with state and local health delivery systems, including knowledge of various funding principles and clinical services mandates.
- Work independently, to learn new tasks and skills quickly, to prioritize and manage multiple tasks and to manage a crisis effectively.
- Capacity to appreciate and work well with the complex and diverse population.
CERTIFICATES, LICENSES & REGISTRATIONS
- Must pass a criminal background check.
- Must have WA state driver's license and insurable driving record.
- Must be able to obtain a WA State Agency Affiliated Counselor credential.
- Prefer WA State licensure and/or WAC
To successfully perform the essential duties of this position, an individual must be able to sit at a desk for six or more hours a day, and use office equipment, including phones and computer keyboards, for six or more hours per day. Individuals must be able to engage vendors, team members, clients and others over the phone and in-person by voice. Regular attendance is an essential function of the position. Reasonable accommodations may be made to assist individuals with disabilities to perform essential position functions.
LIMITATIONS AND DISCLAIMER
The above position description is meant to describe the general nature and level of work performed; it is not intended as an exhaustive list of all duties, responsibilities and required skills for the position. Team members will be required to follow any other position-related instructions and to perform other duties requested by their supervisor in compliance with Federal and State laws. Requirements are representative of minimum levels of knowledge, skills and/or abilities necessary to perform each duty proficiently. Continued employment remains on an ?at-will? basis.
Send letter of interest, resume and salary history to: Recruitment@Sound.Health