The Supported Housing Clinician works with a variety of clients with behavioral health disorders and assist them in becoming as healthy and engaged as possible in the community, using recovery language and principles. This position coordinates individualized housing needs assessment for all referred clients and work with the clients to develop individualized housing plans and address barriers.
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS AND DUTIES
- Provides, direct services and/or internal and external organization referrals for clients.
- Develops treatment plans and maintains accurate and timely clinical records according to organization policy.
- Provides housing search and housing stabilization services to clients who are homeless.
- Provides on-site services at the housing site during their scheduled work hours.
- Prepares necessary reports, summaries and progress notes, and incorporates into clinical records.
- Performs consultations and liaison duties with other agencies and resources on behalf of the client.
- Assists client to remain stable in the community, thereby reducing the use of hospitals or involuntary treatment services.
- Monitors medication regimes and treatment compliance.
- Monitors utilization of services and the success of outcome measures.
- Participates in team member meetings, consultations, case presentations and in-service training.
- Participates in ongoing program development and assessment.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
KEY WORK RELATIONSHIPS
Establishes and maintains positive, ethical, and professional working relationships with clinical team members, clients, and outside organizations. Relates to a wide variety of people including members of ethnic and sexual minority populations, and is respectful of individual and cultural differences.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE
- Bachelor's degree in social work, psychology, or a counseling-related field, with a strong emphasis on working with families and community agencies.
- A minimum of one year of clinical experience as a clinician or case manager.
- Demonstrated skills in clinical assessment and treatment plans, preferred.
KNOWLEDGE, ABILITIES, AND SKILLS
- Understands the principles of individual therapy, group therapy and/or case management approach to providing services.
- Possesses strong working knowledge of the mental and/or behavioral health and support resources of King County, and is familiar with state and local health delivery systems, including knowledge of various funding principles and clinical services mandates.
- Understands recovery concepts in behavioral health; synthesizes and applies, as appropriate to their work at Sound.
- Ability to learn new tasks and skills quickly, and to manage and prioritize multiple tasks, while simultaneously managing crises.
- Able to demonstrate the capacity to appreciate and work well with the complex and diverse population.
CERTIFICATES, LICENSES & REGISTRATIONS
- Washington State driver's license and insurable driving record required.
- Washington State LICSW or LMHC licensure preferred.
- Must be able to obtain a WA State Agency Affiliated Counselor credential within the first 60 days of hire.
- Must pass criminal background checks.
To successfully perform the essential duties of this position, an individual must be able to sit at a desk for four or more hours a day, and use office equipment, including phones and computer keyboards, for four or more hours per day. Individuals must be able to engage vendors, team members, clients and others over the phone and in-person by voice. Regular attendance is an essential function of the position. Reasonable accommodations may be made to assist individuals with disabilities to perform essential position functions.
LIMITATIONS AND DISCLAIMER
The above position description is meant to describe the general nature and level of work performed; it is not intended as an exhaustive list of all duties, responsibilities and required skills for the position. Team members will be required to follow any other position-related instructions and to perform other duties requested by their supervisor in compliance with Federal and State laws. Requirements are representative of minimum levels of knowledge, skills and/or abilities necessary to perform each duty proficiently. Continued employment remains on an "at-will" basis.
Send letter of interest, resume and salary history to: Recruitment@Sound.Health