The Lead facilities Technician is responsible for coordinating and participating in maintenance and repair activities for Sound's outpatient clinics, residential treatment centers, and client residence sites. The Lead facilities Technician assists the facilities supervisor in daily operations, including completion of work orders and projects and coordination of maintenance work assignments and outsourced services. This position has some supervisory aspects in addition to regular duties and requires skills related to all maintenance activities, equipment, and operations.
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS AND DUTIES
Maintenance and Repair
- Ensures all Sound and related properties leased and owned are maintained at or above organizational standards while adhering to all federal, state, county and city ordinances codes and safety regulations/requirements.
- Coordinates and executes work orders and activities to ensure program functions are not disrupted/interrupted by maintenance team activities whenever possible.
- Coordinates preventive maintenance tasks and outsources services related to facilities.
- Coordinates and executes preventive maintenance and repairs to facilities in all divisions.
- Conducts routine inspections of the property.
- Ensures quality control measures are observed and adhered to at all work sites.
- Controls tool inventory and supplies on work sites.
- Assists facilities supervisor in providing equipment and supplies for maintenance and operations.
- Ensures purchases transacted by Facilities Department are accounted for and used as intended for organization improvement or repair at all work sites.
Team Member Supervision
- Selects, trains, supervises and provides ongoing support to assigned new team members.
- Plan, assign, and direct work; supervise daily activities of assigned team members as needed.
- Assists and coordinates maintenance team member activities as directed by the Facilities supervisor as needed.
- Completes assigned special projects, independently or as a contributor to or lead of a project team.
- Performs on-call duties and emergency assistance after hours on a rotating basis if needed.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
KEY WORK RELATIONSHIPS
Establishes and maintains positive, ethical, and professional working relationships with the Facilities team, Sound management and team members, clients, tenants, architects, contractors, inspectors, vendors, and other professionals.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE
- High school diploma or GED required; vocational training in one or more areas related to maintenance and repair preferred
- At least three years of experience providing general facilities maintenance and repair and/or housing restoration
- Experience as a lead or supervisor preferred
CERTIFICATES, LICENSES & REGISTRATIONS
- Washington driver's license and insurable driving record required.
- Must pass a criminal background check.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, AND ABILITIES
- Good working knowledge of general facilities repair and maintenance skills, including construction, electrical, mechanical, HVAC, painting and plumbing skills, and general safety and life safety systems and practices related to facilities maintenance operations.
- Demonstrated strong safety record, with working knowledge of safety regulations and procedures, including the use and execution of lock out tag out procedures.
- Working knowledge of operations of building equipment, pneumatic and other systems and tools.
- Demonstrated the ability to plan, schedule, coordinate and prioritize work, organize complex tasks, set and meet deadlines, and manage numerous projects simultaneously.
- Supervisory and leadership skills, with the ability to delegate, monitor, mentor, and asses, and to model appropriate behavior for team members.
- Ability to develop and maintain strong professional relationships with team members at all levels, clients, and vendors, and with varying educational, ethnic, professional and economic backgrounds.
- Strong verbal and written communication and personal interaction skills, with an emphasis on customer service and support.
- Ability to set and meet deadlines and work under pressure.
- Ability to work effectively with minimal supervision, manage multiple duties and priorities, and maintain high-quality standards.
- Ability to function as a member of a team, leading within the scope of the position and contributing whenever possible.
To successfully perform the essential duties of this position, the individual in this position must be able to work in all areas of building systems maintenance and facilities projects. While performing the duties of this position, the individual is regularly required to stand, use hands to finger, handle, or feel, and reach with hands and arms. The individual is frequently required to sit, walk, climb ladders or stairs, balance, stoop, kneel, crouch, and crawl. The team member must frequently lift and/or move up to 50 pounds and occasionally lift and/or move up to 75 pounds. The individual will be required to work in confined spaces, around moving machinery, around dust, fumes, and gases, and outdoors in various kinds of weather. Specific vision abilities required by this position include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and ability to adjust focus. Regular attendance is an essential function of the position. Reasonable accommodations may be made to assist individuals with disabilities to perform essential position functions.
LIMITATIONS AND DISCLAIMER
The above position description is meant to describe the general nature and level of work performed; it is not intended as an exhaustive list of all duties, responsibilities and required skills for the position. Team members will be required to follow any other position-related instructions and to perform other duties requested by their supervisor in compliance with Federal and State laws. Requirements are representative of minimum levels of knowledge, skills and/or abilities necessary to perform each duty proficiently. Continued employment remains on an ?at-will? basis.
Send letter of interest, resume history to: Recruitment@Sound.Health