The Kitchen Aide assists the Cook and/or Kitchen Supervisor in meal preparation and serving, and washes dishes at one or more residential sites under the guidance of the Cook or Kitchen Supervisor.
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS AND DUTIES
KEY WORK RELATIONSHIPS
Establishes and maintains positive, ethical, and professional working relationships with clinical team members, clients, and outside organizations. Relates to a wide variety of people including members of ethnic and sexual minority populations and is respectful of individual and cultural differences.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE
· High school diploma or general education degree (GED) required.
· Six months of food service experience (to include cooking) in an institutional setting preferred.
KNOWLEDGE, ABILITIES, AND SKILLS
· Ability to work with individuals with a mental disability.
· Good interpersonal and organizational skills
· Good communication skills.
· Flexible to change.
· Prioritize and manage multiple tasks effectively.
· Demonstrate initiative and be willing to learn new skills.
CERTIFICATES, LICENSES & REGISTRATIONS
· Must be able to obtain Food Handler's permit within 30 days of employment
· Washington State driver's license and insurable driving record preferred.
· Must successfully pass criminal background checks.
The individual will be required to work in a kitchen and dining room, serving food and cleaning as needed. The individual must occasionally lift and/or move up to 50 pounds. Regular attendance is an essential function of the position. Reasonable accommodations may be made to assist individuals with disabilities to perform essential position functions.
LIMITATIONS AND DISCLAIMER
The above position description is meant to describe the general nature and level of work performed; it is not intended as an exhaustive list of all duties, responsibilities and required skills for the position. Team members will be required to follow any other position-related instructions and to perform other duties requested by their supervisor in compliance with Federal and State laws. Requirements are representative of minimum levels of knowledge, skills and/or abilities necessary to perform each duty proficiently. Continued employment remains on an "at-will" basis.
The above position description has been reviewed by me. I understand my duties and responsibilities. I also understand that duties and responsibilities may change in order to meet the needs of the organization.Send letter of interest, resume and salary history to: Recruitment@Sound.Health