Come Join A Team Who Truly Cares About their Clients!
We want someone who will provide the highest level of respect, care, and guidance to our residents!
If that is you, we hope you apply.
SOUND helps our community LIVE THEIR BEST LIVES!
The Residential Counselor for ALF/DOH participate in a multi-disciplinary team to provide intensive rehabilitation services for mental health and personal care in the residential treatment facility for clients who have a mental/medical illness. Through the provision of a full range of residential care services and service coordination (including assistance with daily living skills, personal care, accessing community resources, psychiatric treatment and medication management, housing, transportation, financial management, socialization and employment), the Residential Counselor assists clients in setting and attaining short and long term goals. Assists clients in becoming as independent as possible and utilizes a team approach by sharing insights and information while accepting the same from other team members.
The Residential Counselor works collaboratively with the mental health treatment provider. Provides services incorporating recovery principles, supporting clients in their ability to live, work and contribute to their community.
KNOWLEDGE, ABILITIES, AND SKILLS
- Strong commitment to working with individuals with a mental illness/personal care need.
- Excellent communication skills, both written and verbal.
- Good problem-solving skills.
- Willingness to be flexible and work varied hours.
- Willingness to work as a team.
- Ability to learn new tasks and skills quickly.
- Ability to prioritize and manage multiple tasks effectively.
- Ability to work independently and be a self-starter.
- Ability to manage a crisis effectively.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE
- High school diploma or general education degree (GED) required.
- AA/AS in Behavioral Sciences preferred.
- No experience required if the educational level is AA or above.
- Minimum 2 years experience in human services or with special needs population required, if the educational level is high school or GED.
CERTIFICATES, LICENSES & REGISTRATIONS
Must be able to obtain a Washington State Agency Affiliated Counselor credential.
LIMITATIONS AND DISCLAIMER
The above position description is meant to describe the general nature and level of work performed; it is not intended as an exhaustive list of all duties, responsibilities and required skills for the position. Team members will be required to follow any other position-related instructions and to perform other duties requested by their supervisor in compliance with Federal and State laws. Requirements are representative of minimum levels of knowledge, skills and/or abilities necessary to perform each duty proficiently. Continued employment remains on an "at-will" basis.Send letter of interest, resume and salary history to: Recruitment@Sound.Health