The SUD (Substance Use Disorders) Clinician works with a variety of clients with behavioral health disorders and
assist them in becoming as healthy and engaged as possible in the community,
using recovery language and principles.
FUNCTIONS AND DUTIES
- Provides, direct services and/or internal and external organization
referrals for clients.
- Provides direct CDPT supervision hours to CDP trainees,
students, and volunteers.
- Provides intake evaluations per ASAM (American Society
of Addiction Medicine); individual and group therapy to client and families.
- Develops treatment plans and maintains accurate and
timely clinical records according to organization policy.
- Develops and implements recovery plans, per ASAM
- Provides all required case management services,
including admission, WAC required reports, continued stay, and discharge plans.
- Prepares necessary reports, summaries and progress notes,
and incorporates into clinical records.
- Performs consultations and liaison duties with other
agencies and resources on behalf of the client.
- Assists client to remain stable in the community,
thereby reducing the use of hospitals or involuntary treatment services.
- Monitors medication regimes and treatment compliance.
- Monitors utilization of services and the success of outcome
- Participates in team member meetings, consultations,
case presentations and in-service training.
- Participates in ongoing program development and
- Performs other duties as assigned.
Establishes and maintains positive, ethical,
and professional working relationships with clinical team members, clients, and
outside organizations. Relates to a wide
variety of people including members of ethnic and sexual minority
populations and is respectful of individual and cultural differences.
- Bachelor's degree in social work, psychology, or a
counseling-related field, with a strong emphasis on working with families and community
- Requires a minimum of one year of clinical
experience as a clinician or case manager and demonstrated skills in
clinical assessment and treatment plans,
ABILITIES, AND SKILLS
- Understands the principles of individual
therapy, group therapy and/or case management approach to providing services.
- Possesses strong working knowledge of the
mental and/or behavioral health and
support resources of King County, and is familiar with state and local
health delivery systems, including knowledge of various funding principles
and clinical services mandates.
- Understands recovery
concepts in behavioral health; synthesizes and applies, as appropriate to
their work at Sound.
- Ability to learn new tasks and skills
quickly, and to manage and prioritize multiple tasks, while simultaneously
- Able to demonstrate the capacity to
appreciate and work well with the complex
and diverse population.
CERTIFICATES, LICENSES &
- Washington State DOH CDP/T certification required.
- Must be
able to obtain a WA State Agency Affiliated Counselor credential within the
first 60 days of hire.
- Washington driver's license and insurable driving record preferred.
- Must pass
a criminal background check.
To successfully perform the essential duties of this position, an individual must
be able to sit at a desk for four or more hours a day, and use office
equipment, including phones and computer keyboards, for four or more hours per
day. Individuals must be able to engage vendors, team members, clients and
others over the phone and in-person by voice. Regular attendance is an
essential function of the position. Reasonable accommodations may be made to
assist individuals with disabilities to perform essential position functions
The above position description is meant to
describe the general nature and level of work performed; it is not intended as
an exhaustive list of all duties, responsibilities and required skills for the
position. Team members will be required to follow any other position-related instructions
and to perform other duties requested by their supervisor in compliance with
Federal and State laws. Requirements are representative of minimum levels of
knowledge, skills and/or abilities necessary to perform each duty proficiently.
Continued employment remains on an "at-will" basis.
The above position description has been
reviewed by me. I understand my duties and responsibilities. I also understand
that duties and responsibilities may change in order to meet the needs of the
Send letter of interest, resume to: Recruitment@Sound.Health